Concealer is your best friend when you want to hide dark circles and blemishes but did you know apart of covering your flaws, a concealer can be used to highlight, sculpt, prime, and defines your features? Here’s how:
1. Use as a highlighter: To get an ultimate strobed effect, pick a concealer which is a shade or two lighter than your skin tone and apply it on the higher planes of your face such as cheekbones, bridge of the nose and chin. This will give you a luminous, lit-from-within glow.
2. Contour and sculpt: Pick a shade two shades darker than your skin colour and apply it on the hollows of your cheeks and jawline for a chiseled look.
3. Make the colours pop: Concealers work really well in making your eyeshadow and lip colour pop. Prime your eyelids with a little concealer before applying your favourite shade and watch the pigments look better than ever. Swiping a little concealer on the lips will make you’re your lipstick last longer give a truer payoff.
4. Tinted moisturiser: If you’ve run out of foundation or are looking for a sheer finish, just mix one part concealer with two part moisturiser/ face cream for your own tinted moisturiser!
5. Use as a makeup eraser: Fix makeup mishaps such as eyeliner smudges and bleeding lipstick with concealer.